SaskOutdoors Grant Information & Application
Application Deadlines: July 15 (for 2020 only) & October 15
- Projects must have an outdoor and/or environmental education or environmental action focus.
- Projects that have been supported in the past include: camping trips, winter camping trips, canoe trips, facilitator fees/honoriums for for outdoor and environmental education experiential workshops/programming, school campaigns to save energy/recycle, community outdoor recreation events, etc.
- Outdoor classrooms and school gardens will not be considered (see the bottom of this page for alternate sources of support)
- Applicants must be current members of SaskOutdoors.
- Money will not be given for capital expenses (such as the purchase of building materials, tools, shovels, raised gardening beds, shrubs, magnifying glasses, books, sporting equipment, etc.).
- Preference will be given to projects that involve underrepresented groups (Aboriginal people, newcomers to Canada, those who face barriers accessing outdoor and environmental education) or projects that reach areas of Saskatchewan where such opportunities are less available.
- Partnerships with other organizations are encouraged. SaskOutdoors may be able to partner with your group to provide resources, volunteers or advice.
- Projects must take place within Saskatchewan.
- The maximum application is $500.00.
- Applications will be accepted prior to March 15 and October 15 annually. You will be notified of the success of your application within one month of the application deadline.
- Projects that are completed within 6 months of the application deadline will be given precedence.
- Applications for projects that have already happened will not be accepted.
- Electronic applications are preferred.
- SaskOutdoors has an continuously expanding equipment lending library available to members.
- If your application is successful, we ask that you formally thank SaskOutdoors and SaskLotteries for the Grant in a school or community newspaper as well as in any other promotion related to your project (we will e-mail you our logos). A copy of these publications should accompany your final report.
- Upon completion of your project we ask that you send us a brief report detailing your project, any challenges or outstanding successes, along with 1-3 pictures that we can use in our publications. Reports can also take the form of blogs, videos and podcasts. The report must include the number of youth and the number of adults involved and additional demographic information. In addition, we require an updated budget including copies of receipts related to your trip totaling the amount of money received. This report is due one month after the completion of your project or within one year of receiving money. Remember, completing these requirements after your project will ensure that your school or organization is eligible for future grants!
If you have any questions please contact:
SaskOutdoorsc/o Leah Japp, General ManagerRR1 Box 59Lumsden SK S0G 3C0(preferred)