SaskOutdoors Grant Information & Application
Application Deadlines: March 15 & October 15
In the past, SaskOutdoors has had two categories of Grants (previously known as $upport): Outdoor Education Experience and Environmental Action Projects. We now only have one category and here are the details.
- Any project that involves outdoor and/or environmental education will be considered. Projects that have been supported in the past include: camping trips, winter camping trips, canoe trips, rejuvenating school gardens/outdoor classrooms/green spaces, school campaigns to save energy/recycle, etc.
- Applicants must be current members of SaskOutdoors (see www.saskoutdoors.org).
- Money will not be given for capital expenses (such as the purchase of equipment such as building materials, tools, magnifying glasses, books, etc.).
- Preference will be given to projects that involve underrepresented groups (Aboriginal people, newcomers to Canada, those who face barriers accessing outdoor and environmental education) or projects that reach areas of Saskatchewan where such opportunities are less available.
- Partnerships with other organizations are encouraged. SaskOutdoors may be able to partner with your group to provide resources, volunteers or advice.
- The maximum application is $500.00.
- Applications will be accepted prior to March 15 and October 15 annually. You will be notified of the success of your application within one month of the application deadline.
- Electronic applications are preferred.
- If your application is successful, we ask that you formally thank SaskOutdoors and SaskLotteries for the Grant in a school or community newspaper as well as in any other promotion related to your project (we will e-mail you our logos). A copy of these publications should accompany your final report.
- Upon completion of your project we ask that you send us a brief report detailing your project, any challenges or outstanding successes, along with 1-3 pictures that we can use in our publications. Reports can also take the form of blogs, videos and podcasts. The report must include the number of youth and the number of adults involved. In addition, we require an updated budget including copies of receipts related to your trip totaling the amount of money received. This report is due one month after the completion of your project or within one year of receiving money. Remember, completing these requirements after your project will ensure that your school or organization is eligible for future grants!
If you have any questions please contact:
SaskOutdoorsc/o Christine Thompson, General Manager323 Skeena CrescentSaskatoon, SK S7K 4G9(preferred)