SaskOutdoors may be able to partner with your group to provide resources, volunteers or advice. Projects must take place within Saskatchewan. The maximum application is $500.
SaskOutdoors Grant Information & Application Deadlines: March 15 & October 15
- Applicants must be current members of SaskOutdoors & projects must take place within Saskatchewan.
- Projects must have an outdoor and/or environmental education or environmental action focus. Outdoor classrooms and school gardens will not be considered.
- Money will not be given for capital expenses (such as the purchase of building materials, tools, shovels, raised gardening beds, shrubs, magnifying glasses, books, sporting equipment, etc.).
- Preference given to projects that involve underrepresented groups (Aboriginal people, newcomers to Canada, those who face barriers accessing outdoor and environmental education) or projects that reach areas of Saskatchewan where such opportunities are less available.
- Partnerships with other organizations are encouraged. SaskOutdoors may be able to partner with your group to provide resources, volunteers or advice.
- The maximum application is $500.00.
- Projects that are completed within 6 months of the application deadline will be given precedence.
- Applications for projects that have already happened will not be accepted.
- Projects that have been supported in the past include: camping trips, winter camping trips, canoe trips, facilitator fees/honorariums for outdoor and environmental education experiential workshops/programming, school campaigns to save energy/recycle, community outdoor recreation events, etc.
- If successful, we ask that you formally thank SaskOutdoors and SaskLotteries for the Grant in a school or community newspaper as well as in any other promotion related to your project (we will email you our logos). A copy of these publications needs to accompany your final report. (Reports are mandatory to ensure that your school or organization is eligible for future grants)
- Upon completion of your project we ask that your organization completes our followup report for your project, along with 1-3 pictures that we can use in our publications. Reports can also take the form of blogs, videos and podcasts.
- The report must include the number of youth and the number of adults involved and additional demographic information. In addition, we require an updated budget including copies of receipts related to your trip totaling the amount of money received.
- This report is due one month after the completion of your project or within one year of receiving the grant.
How to apply
- Your organization must be a current SaskOutdoors member prior to submitting an application for grant funding. Please ensure that you provide all necessary documentation with your application will help expedite the process.
- You will be notified of the success of your application within one month of the application deadline.
- NOTE: Paper applications will not be accepted. If you do not have access to a computer and/or internet connection please contact our office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for funding must be received before 11:59 p.m. on the deadline submission date.
- Once all applications for that intake have been assessed for completeness the Screening Committee reviews each application in a fair and consistent review process and provides recommendations to the Board of Directors.
If you have received a grant and completed your project, it's time for reporting! We ask that you send us a brief report detailing your project, any challenges or outstanding successes, along with 1-3 pictures that we can use in our publications.
Reports can also take the form of blogs, videos and podcasts. The report must include the number of youth and the number of adults involved. In addition, we require an updated budget including copies of receipts related to your trip totaling the amount of money received.
This report is due one month after the completion of your project or within one year of receiving money. Remember, completing these requirements after your project will ensure that your school or organization is eligible for future grants!