Growing Up WILD
Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program that builds on children's sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills.
The activity guide, Growing up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children:
- Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature based actvities in a full colour 11"x17" activity guide.
- Include crafts, art projects, music, conservation activities, reading and math connections and much more.
- Involves social, emotional physical, language and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially and culturally appropriate.
Photo Credit - Dennie Fornwald