SaskOutdoors is pleased to be the partner for the Canadian Water Resources Association – Saskatchewan Branch (CWRA-SK) in implementing and delivering Project WET Saskatchewan workshops in the province.
Project WET is an instructional resource designed by teachers and water resource professionals FOR K-12 classroom teachers. It covers topics such as water chemistry, water quality and human health, climate and weather, water demand management, water conservation, cultural values about water, and how to launch action programs and develop water celebrations and water festivals.
The learning activities are fun, hands-on, engaging for youth and educator friendly. The activities promote critical thinking, problems solving and teamwork. They help young people gain knowledge and make informed decisions, that is, they help young people learn how to think about water issues, not what to think. For a more complete overview of the Project WET program content, goals and objectives, please visit the Project WET Foundation
- Hands-on, inquiry based, interdisciplinary and fun learning activities
- Features learning styles and special early childhood education component
- Recommended to Saskatchewan curricula for Science and Social Studies
- Cross-reference guides on-line for Gr. 1-11 Science and Gr. 1-8 Social Studies
- Awareness to Action focus, Cooperative learning philosophy
- Workshops delivered by trained Facilitators
- Full access personal account through Project WET Foundation Portal to download additional resources
- On-line Canadian Supplement including additional maps, photos and student copy sheets
Workshops for educators are typically 4-6 hours long and each participant received a Project WET manual.
Project WET - Saskatoon - November 16 2019
Project WET - Regina - November 30 2019
SaskOutdoors to set up a workshop or for more information.
SK Cross Reference Gr 1 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 1 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference Gr 2 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 2 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference Gr 3 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 3 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference Gr 4 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 4 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 5 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 5 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 6 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 6 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 7 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 7 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 8 Science
SK Cross Reference Gr 8 Social Studies
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 9 Science
SK Cross Reference, Gr. 10 Science - NEW!
SK Cross Reference, Environmental Science 20 with Project WET AND Healthy Water, Healthy People - NEW!
Wondering how Project WET fits with the Math Curriculum? Have a look at this document to see general areas of overlap!