Postponed: PD Opportunity: Springful Adventures for Little Learners
Apr 25, 2020
This workshop is postponed until further notice!
The Spring Play workshop will address common barriers to taking young children outdoors by focussing on the benefits of outdoor active play and providing strategies for facilitating risky adventurous play, including tree climbing. Educators will take-away ideas from this workshop can be extended to summer/fall play environments.
Other topics included in this workshop:
- The importance of play-based learning in the early years, and include discussions of how seasonality influences play.
- Selecting an appropriate play space, and being prepared for outdoor play. This will include preparation and equipment suggestions, as well as site checks and safety concerns.
- Addressing common parent and staff concerns, and engaging reluctant adults play facilitation.
- Hands-on learning opportunities about risky and adventurous play in a natural environment including learning about practicing dynamic risk-benefit assessments
- Ideas for seasonal play prompts and play-based activities.
- Discussions of child-led, child-centred and play-based learning, including best practices and opportunities to learn from peers.
This workshop is ideal for: Preschool teachers, kindergarten teachers, early childhood educators, daycare workers, home educators, and other outdoor education facilitators.
Saturday April 25 2020
Gabriel Dumont Park, Saskatoon
Facilitated by Zoe Arnold and Claire Miller of Wildernook Fresh Air Learning
$40/SaskOutdoors Member and $45/non member
Discount available if you attend the Winter and Spring Workshops! Email for more information.