Early Childhood Education Series
Nov 9, 2020 - Nov 23, 2020
Level up your early childhood education outdoor and environmental education experience and resources!
This series has 4 components:
- Pre-learning (30-120 minutes)
- A chance to reflect on your own practice and beliefs of environmental and outdoor education
- An opportunity to address future personal skill development
- Information on advocacy to parents, co-workers and administration around outdoor and environmental education
- This will include videos, readings, recorded webinars, websites, etc
- Growing Up WILD workshop, Monday November 9, 7-8:30pm on Zoom
- Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program that builds on children's sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills. Learn more about Growing Up WILD!
- Getting Little Feet WET Workshop, Monday November 16, 7-8:30pm on Zoom
- Getting Little Feet Wet contains 11 interactive, hands-on activities for young learners to explore different aspects of water—from water properties to water sounds. Learn more about Getting Little Feet Wet!
- Discussion Forum, Monday November 23, 7-8:30pm on Zoom
- A discussion around barriers to outdoor and environmental education
- A chance to share your challenges and successes and received feedback
Participants receive copies of Growing Up WILD and Getting Little Feet WET Resource books!
$55 for members/$65 for non members