Connecting Kids with Nature: A Workshop in Place-Based Education
Aug 9, 2017 - Aug 11, 2017
Come out for a workshop for two-night camping adventure full of learning and fun. This workshop will take place at Blue Mountain Adventure Park near North Battleford, Saskatchewan. The focus of this workshop will be taking an inclusivity approach to the outdoor classroom while including an Indigenous way of living perspective. Take home various teaching techniques and various subject-specific outdoor lessons that can apply to all grades. This workshop will include breakfast, lunch and supper. Don't forget to bring your tent and camping gear!
- Pick and choose curriculum-based lessons that include a high level of adaptations in the natural environment.
- Participate in a visitation with Elders and be provided with lesson plans that connect to First Nations’ perspectives.
- Develop connections with other educators.
- Take part in sensory activities that help you to develop a relationship with nature.
- There will be some down time and Blue Mountain Adventure Park provides opportunity to canoe, zip-line, hike, camp and explore the area.
Wednesday, August 9th noon - 6:00 pm
Thursday, August 10th 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday, August 11th 9:00 am - noon
Blue Mountain Adventure Park, North Battleford SK
$100 (meals and camping costs included)