SaskOutdoors is looking for a bookkeeper!
June 29, 2019
Request for Proposal: Bookkeeping Services
Saskatchewan Outdoor And Environmental Education Association (SaskOutdoors) encourages educators and people who participate in outdoor recreation to practice and teach environmental responsibility. SaskOutdoors is affiliated with the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation as a Professional Growth Network. We are a registered non profit under The Non-profit Corporations Act.
• Keep accurate financial records using standard accounting practices by making the appropriate entries in Quickbooks
• Reconcile monthly bank statements, and accounts receivable and payable.
• Provide a monthly report including above reconciliations and balance within one week of month end.
• Provide any other records in a timely manner as requested.
• Provide appropriate financial records in conjunction with treasurer input for year end audit.
• Be readily available to answer questions from General Manager and Treasurer as needed.
• From June 2019 - December 2019 with possibility of renewal.
• At the end of ninety days of service, and six months of service, both SaskOutdoors and the contractor will have the option to terminate this contract and renegotiate the fee for continued bookkeeping services. Such condition will be executable with at least thirty days’ notice to the other party.
The proposer must demonstrate the capability to perform the above-stated bookkeeping services in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. It is strongly preferred that the proposer also have non-profit experience.
• Provide, as references, two current and/or past clients, the length of time the proposer has worked with each client and a short summary of services provided in each case. Please also provide email and telephone contact information for each client.
• Provide a CV or resume of the professional who proposes to direct the overall bookkeeping service activity. This should include information about the individual’s educational background and relevant experience.
Please state the estimated fee for providing bookkeeping services for the period of six months. Please note that we anticipate this taking 10-15 hours per month.
Proposals and questions pertaining to the RFP should be received no later than July 4rd, 2019 at 4pm local time by email to email@example.com